Home General
New Blog Posts: Merging Reports - Part 1 and Part 2

ReportBuilder 22.05, TRichView 22, print preview and final print

Hi,
I have interesting problem for which I can't find the solution. In our big application for medical offices we use components from DevExpress, ReportBuilder, TRichView+TScaleRichView and a few others. One of the features in our application is that the doctors can write down medical exams and other documents for which we use TScaleRichView, at the moment it is version 12.3 with TRichView 22.4. The document can be printed, stored in the database, etc. For printing we use ReportBuilder with dedicated RTM template. Basically it has a couple of groups, some data in those groups like patient data (using classic components), while the text is in DBRichView component.

Everything is fine as long as they use normal text. As soon as they insert table the problems arise. The preview looks just fine except that the right edge is invisible if the table is 100% wide. But okay, this can be solved with slight correction in the text. If I export the report to PDF in print preview, the table is mangled, even the text after the table. There is only 50% of table width visible, the text in the first cell in top left is 25% of size (the rest is okay). The text in the next paragraph is only 50% of width and few lines.

If I print the document on some normal printer (e.g. HP LaserJet 5800), the printout is as it is in print preview. If I use "MS Print to PDF" printer, I can't open the PDF.

Any ideas? It looks weird that preview is okay while export to PDF is something weird. I tried to export to JPG and PNG, similar weird things happen. At least export to DOCX looks much more closer to the preview.

Best regards,
Goran
AUDAX d.o.o.
Goran Brumen
Audax d.o.o.

Comments

• Hi Goran,

Are you able to recreate a similar issue without TRichView/TScaleRichView? If so, please send the example in .zip format to support@digital-metaphors.com and I'll take a look at what is happening.

Otherwise, I suggest reaching out to TRichView support for initial help with this issue. If this turns out to be an issue with ReportBuilder, their support will contact us directly and we will work together toward a solution.
    Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
    Digital Metaphors
    http://www.digital-metaphors.com
  • Hi Nico,
    I prepared a demo file and with Yours TppDBRichText I was not able to recreate the problem. The rtf file I used was exported from our medical application so I could have the table in it. There was a slight problem with the top row as it was moved slightly to the left in respect with other 4 rows.
    If I substituted Your component with TppDBRichView, then the problem was recreated without any problems.
    If You are interested I can send You the Delphi files with RTF and both RTM's. I will raise the question on TRichView support forum as well.

Best regards,
    Goran
    Goran Brumen
    Audax d.o.o.
  • Hi Nico,
    I wrote to TRichView/TScaleRichView author and he passed me Your patch from the beggining of september 2024. This patch does the trick and as far as me and my colleagues tested.

Thank You and best regards,
    Goran
    Goran Brumen
    Audax d.o.o.