included!!)

Peter Harris

Comments

• edited October 2002
    Hi Peter Harris,

You can also try using the PageBreak component from the RBAddOn component
    set. www.bancoems.com\RBAddOn.htm

Fixes for 7.0

1. When an application did not have access to a printer, a 'Canvas does not allow drawing' exception was raised in some cases.

2. When loading a template, the PaperName may not be restored properly.

3. When printing to the printer, and the printer setup was changed, the report engine was not always reset.

4. When report archive file was too big to fit on disk, the archive device needed to free the streams and the temporary file.

5. Enhanced DBImage so that it can be assigned to a string field containing file references, which can then be used to load the images from the file.

6. When a data pipeline is used in a Master/Detail configuration (MasterDataPipeline/MasterFieldLinks) and the master field has a null value, exceptions were raised due to changes in Delphi 6, Service Pack 2.

7. When a crosstab attempted to compare null values to non-null values, an exception was raised under Delphi 6, Service Pack 2.

8. Crosstab raised 'List Index out of bounds' error when multiple subtotal rows were set to Visible = False.

9. When subreports contained columnar layouts, left-to-right traversal did not work properly.

Enhancements for 7.0

1. Outline

The main report, groups and section type subreports can now participate in the generation of an Outline (TreeView) visible in the Print Preview form. Use the OutlineSettings property for each of these objects to control the generation of the outline.

2. DBArchiveReader

Simplifies the preview of report archives saved in database BLOB fields. Open the main project in the installed RBuilder\Demos\1. Reports\ directory and run demo #155 for an example using this component.

3. PreviewFormSettings

The Report, ArchiveReader and DBArchiveReader components include this new property to control the preview form settings. This replaces the OnPreviewFormCreate event handler technique, which can be used to configure the preview form's window state and zoom setting.

HTH,
    Chris Ueberall;

--
    regards,
    Chris Ueberall;
This discussion has been closed.